Y6 Spring 2 2021
Topic 4: Volcanoes
Geography Key Questions:
We’ll be continuing our geography work by learning about:
- What is a volcano?
- How is it formed?
- Icelandic volcanoes
- Where do volcanoes occur in the rest of the world?
- What impact do volcanoes have on people who live near them?
- Creating information text
- Using the passive voice
- Using punctuation to avoid ambiguity
Science – Evolution and inheritance. We’ll be learning:
- how animals, plants and microorganisms are adapted to their habitats
- how adaptation may lead to evolution
- how living things have changed over time
- how fossils provide information about living things that inhabited the Earth millions of years ago
- Coding: Scratch Volcano
- IT: Computer Networks and How the Internet Works
- E-safety: Stereotypes
DT: Creating a protective fabric tablet / phone case and decorating this using stitch and applique.
Music: Creating own melody based on the song ‘Popocatepetl’
RE: Easter – Sacrifice
- What is sacrifice?
- How is sacrifice is expressed within the Christian story?
- How important is sacrifice to Christians?
- What do I think about the concept of sacrifice?
- How does sacrifice apply to my own / others’ lives?
PSHE: Weighing up risk