In 2013, the government announced that they would be spending £450 million over the next three academic years to help fund primary school sport, this is called the School Sport Premium. The PE and Sport Premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools have the freedom to spend the money however they choose, but this must be towards improving their provision of PE and Sport to give children the opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle.
Kings Worthy Primary School Aims:
- Improve the teaching and learning of all aspects of PE
- Improve the resources and equipment used in PE Lessons
- Offer a wider range of opportunities in PE and extra-curricular clubs
- Develop the use of our school grounds for outdoor and adventurous PE
- Develop links with community groups and other agencies.
- Improve the PE skills and stamina of pupils.
2020 to 2021 Sport premium document. Click here for attachment.